Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a Home Visiting program for pregnant women and infants with Medicaid insurance. MIHP provides support service to women and families so they have healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants. A team that includes a nurse, social worker, and registered dietitian, make visits in the home and/or office setting.
If you need help obtaining Medicaid Coverage call (989) 832-6686 or apply online using the application on the right.
- Assistance with prenatal care
- Transportation assistance
- Answer questions about pregnancy and infant care and provide education on the following topics:
How your baby grows
Infant safe sleep
Ways to calm a fussy baby
- Breastfeeding counselor available
- Developmental screening
- Emotional support for parents/caregivers
- Referral to local childbirth education or parenting classes
- Coordination of services with medical care provider and Medicaid health plan
- Referrals to local community services (mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, basic needs assistance) as needed
Call with any questions or if needing a referral: (989) 832-6686 or (989) 832-6651