CONCEALED PISTOL PERMIT INFORMATION
Concealed pistol applications covering both new and renewal permits are available at the office of the Midland County Clerk
Processing the application:
- Applicant files their application with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This must include: a copy of the certificate of completion of the pistol safety training course. The training certificate must include - date of training (completed within 5 years preceding date of application), name, signature & phone number of instructor, it must state that the certificate complies with section 5j of 1927 PA 372 and must include the name and phone number of the state agency/national training organization that certifies the instructor.
- Applicant pays a fee of $115 to the County Clerk at time of filing. There is a $10 charge for an upgraded permit type.
- Applicant will be fingerprinted at the time of application, in the County Clerk's office.
- The prints will be submitted to the Michigan State Police by the County Clerk
- Once the applicant has been approved by the County Clerk, the Concealed Pistol Permit will be mailed to the individual (within 45 days for a new applicant and 30 days for a renewal).