CONCEALED PISTOL PERMIT INFORMATION
Concealed pistol application kits covering both new and renewal permits are available at the office of the Midland County Clerk, 220 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan, during regular business hours- Monday through Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. (Closed Holidays)
The concealed pistol application kit includes the following:
- Written procedure to obtain a concealed pistol permit
- Application form
- Instructions and form to appeal the Board's decision if denied a concealed pistol permit
- Fingerprints taken by Midland County Sheriff's Department on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Only the first 50 that sign up.
Processing the application:
Applicant files their application with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This must include: (1) a copy of the certificate of completion of the pistol safety training course, and (1) a passport quality photograph, County Clerk's Office provides photo service for an additional $15.00 fee, we also offer plastic permits for another additional $10.00 fee or lamination for $2.00.
- Applicant pays a fee of $105 to the County Clerk at time of filing.
- Applicant receives a receipt for payment.
- Applicant provides receipt to the Sheriff's department confirming payment of the application fee.
- Applicant has fingerprints taken by Sheriff's department.
- Sheriff department forwards fingerprints to the Michigan State Police and the F.B.I. for processing.
- Once county gun board receives the fingerprint clearance reports, they will issue or deny the license within 45 days. You will be notified by letter of your status when process is complete.